Never give you up - Rick Astley
Rick Astley (1966 - Present) MRichard Paul "Rick" Astley (/ˈrɪk ˈæstli/; born 6 February 1966) is an English singer-songwriter, musician, and radio personality. He is known for his 1987 song, "Never Gonna Give You Up", which was a #1 hit single in 25 countries. Astley holds the record for being the only male solo artist to have his first 8 singles reach the Top 10 in the UK and by retirement in 1993 had sold approximately 40 million records worldwide. After retiring from the music industry in 1993, Astley made a comeback in 2007 when he became an Internet phenomenon, as his video for "Never Gonna Give You Up" became part of a popular Internet meme known as "Rickrolling". Astley was voted "Best Act Ever" by Internet users at the MTV Europe Music Awards 2008. One notable musical appearance by Astley during retirement was as a backing singer on The Lion King soundtrack in 1994. By wikipediaimagenartista
Stranger: something is unknown or unfamiliar. Ex: He doesn’t know me, he sees me as a stranger?
- Commitment: dedication either by free decision or obligation. Ex: I can’t go out tonight, I made a commitment to finish this essay and I won’t leave until it’s finished!
- Guy: A male person, normally young. Informal. Ex: He’s a nice guy!
- Give (you) up: To stop making an effort (with you). Ex: I’m going to give up Chocolate for Lent?
- Let (you) down: To disappoint. . Ex: He said he would pick me up at 6.15 but he was late. He really let me down!
- To desert someone: To leave somebody without help. Ex: He deserted me in the supermarket because he had something better to do.
- Ache: An intense feeling of pain or sadness. Ex: My heart aches because I haven’t seen him in 3 weeks!
- What’s been going on: What has been happening in a period of time. Ex: Can somebody please explain what has been going on? The house is a mess!
- Blind to see: Help offered from somebody. Ex: He doesn’t help me because he is blind to see that I need it.